SALT LAKE CITY, Utah, April 6, 2019 (Gephardt Daily) — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints released some membership and other organizational numbers at its April 2019 conference on Saturday.
According to Church figures, it has more than 16 million members and baptised 234,332 converts during 2018.
But how to put those numbers in Utah terms was the question.
We broke down the Church-provided numbers in terms of Utah city populations, just for some fun perspective. See the results below.
● 3,383. That is almost enough for each of Gunnison’s 3,409 residents to have his or her own stake.
● 407. That’s exactly one mission per resident of Cedar Fort.
Wards and Branches
● 30,536. Just think of it as a little more than one congregation per resident of American Fork (30,156).
Total Church membership
● 16,313,735. That’s 5.16 times the population of Utah (3,161,000).
New children of record during 2018
● 102,102. That’s just five less than the population of Sandy (101,323) plus that of Escalante (784).
Converts baptized during 2018
● 234,332. It’s 21 more people than the population of Salt Lake City (200,662) added to that of Kaysville (33,649).
● 65,137. That’s a few more than one missionary each for the combined residents of Taylorsville (60,490) and Morgan (4,436).
Temples in operation
● 161. Each resident of Fielding (483) would get a third of a temple.
Source: City population numbers are from worldpopulationreview.com.