OGDEN, Utah, June 9, 2020 (Gephardt Daily) — Ogden City announced Tuesday all Pioneer Day events have been cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Organizers released the following statement by way of a news release from Ogden City:
“We want to express our sincere gratitude to our fans, volunteers, committee, sponsors, supporters, PRCA contractors and athletes for making Ogden Pioneer Days Rodeo one of the premier rodeos in the entire Country. We look forward to being able to once again join together in large groups in our communities and celebrate all that Ogden Pioneer Days represent. Our excitement and efforts have already turned to the 2021 Ogden Pioneer Days Celebration, and we promise to be back and better than ever!”
The following events have been cancelled, according to the news release:
- Utah Cowboy Hall of Fame induction ceremony, July 11
- Ogden Pioneer Days Horse and Hitch Parade, July 13
- Ogden Pioneer Days Special Kids Rodeo, July 14
- Miss Rodeo Utah Pageant, July 20 — July 24
- The Ogden Pioneer Days PRCA Rodeo, July 20 — July 24
- Ogden Pioneer Days Parade, July 24
- All concerts associated with Ogden Pioneer Days
Since 1934, the Ogden Pioneer Days Celebration and Rodeo has been held to commemorate Utah’s statehood and to honor the pioneer people who helped establish the communities of the Intermountain West, the news release said.