PLEASANT GROVE, Utah, Dec. 25, 2020 (Gephardt Daily) — Pleasant Grove firefighters responded to what was reported as a residential fire on Christmas Day and found that fire from the fireplace had gotten into a wall of the home.
Crews were dispatched at 3:35 p.m. to the 300 block of East 200 South.
Very little smoke was visible upon arrival at the home and crews removed the inside wall to extinguish the flames behind it, said Capt. Larsen, with the Pleasant Grove Fire Department.
Larsen described it as a “small fire,” however, he added that the home is an older building with new construction over old, which can leave a lot of spaces for a fire to spread within the walls.
There were no injuries as a result of the fire. No dollar estimate of damage was immediately available.
Gephardt Daily will update this story when any further details become known.